Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank SWOT Analysis, Competitors & USP
Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank is one of the leading brands in the banking & financial services sector.
The table below lists the Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning, USP & Brand Analysis Table
All contracts, operations and transactions are carried out in accordance with Islamic Shari'a principles.
Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank STP
Retail banking, corporate banking, treasury banking, wealth management, real estate finance and a special banking scheme for ladies
A customer looking for Sharia compliant non- interest financial services
Islamic financial solutions for the global community
SWOT Analysis of Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank
Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank:
1. The first UAE bank to bring innovative Banking, a new mobile banking service that allows customers to perform almost all banking transactions
2. It was named the number one bank in the UAE in customer service and the most improved bank in customer service
3. Upgraded women’s banking service, Dana, offers a new suite of products, services and special life style benefits
4. In addition to 65+ branches in UAE, ADIB already operates a large branch network in Egypt and UK
5. Sustained growth in profits; consistently one of the most liquid banks in UAE
Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank SWOT Analysis:
1. Weak management increases business risks and reduces profits for Economy in ADIB, because they are responsible for the health of the business
2. Competition weighed on profit margins
3. Regulators' decision to encourage banks to make large provisions for loan losses in the third quarter as a precaution affecting the operating income
Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank SWOT Analysis:
1. UAE Banking sector is the largest by assets in the GCC; the UAE banking sector accounts for majority of the GCC total 2. Future expansions in Middle East could provide the growth 3. Focus on continuing growth to benefit from the government's spending drive
4. Potential growth from profitable segments, including Islamic banking and mortgage financing
Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank are as mentioned:
1. Mature markets are competitive. In order for ADIB to grow in a mature market, it has to increase market share, which is difficult and expensive 2. The lending environment in Saudi Arabia intensely competitive between a small number of local banks, and means that while banks will be able to book new assets, margins will be tight
3. Global demand for goods produced by emerging market manufacturers continued to weaken
4. A bad economy can hurt Economy in Abu Dhabi’s business by decreasing the number of potential customers
Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank Competition
Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank Competitors
Below are the top 6 competitors of Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank:
1. Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank
2. Invest Bank
3. Mashreqbank psc
4. Union National Bank
5. Dubai Islamic Bank P.J.S.C.
6. National Bank of Fujairah
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute