Punjab National Bank SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Punjab National Bank, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
Punjab National Bank is one of the leading brands in the banking & financial services sector. The article below lists the Punjab National Bank SWOT and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
Let us start the SWOT Analysis below:
The strengths of Punjab National Bank looks at the key internal factors of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market and strengthens its position.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in a SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Punjab National Bank :
1. Diversified operations with 5100 branches
2. Strong I. T support with “best fit” approach
3. Schemes for small and medium scale businesses
4. It is the second largest state-owned commercial bank in India with about 5000 branches across 764 cities
5. Its 56,000+ workforce serves over 37 million customers
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which it can improve. Here are the weaknesses in the Punjab National Bank SWOT Analysis:
1. Less penetration in the urban areas
2. Inadequate advertising and branding as compared to other banks
3. Legal issues regarding employees caused a bad name of PNB
Read more about Punjab National Bank
The opportunities for any brand can include prospects of future growth. Following are the opportunities in Punjab National Bank SWOT Analysis:
1. Small scale business banking across India
2. Expansion in other countries for international banking
3. Installation of more ATM’s and better customers services
The threats for any business can be external factors which can negatively impact its business. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Punjab National Bank are as mentioned:
1. Economic crisis and economic fluctuations
2. Highly competitive environment
3. Stringent Banking Norms by the RBI and the Govts
Read Similar SWOT analysis
Hence this concludes the Punjab National Bank SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
About Punjab National Bank
|Punjab National Bank Overview|
Government of India
The name you can bank upon
Punjab National Bank is one of the Big Four banks of India
|Punjab National Bank STP|
Urban and rural banking
Complete Banking solutions
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Punjab National Bank. This section covers SWOT Analysis along with Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us