African Bank Limited SWOT Analysis, Competitors & USP
Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of African Bank Limited analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In African Bank Limited SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like African Bank Limited to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. African Bank Limited is one of the leading brands in the banking & financial services sector.
The table below lists the African Bank Limited SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top African Bank Limited competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
A bank which aims to be the best place to get loans for all purposes.
African Bank Limited STP
African nationals and corporate and business houses
African home owners and businesses in need of financial services
A bank which offers loans at comfortable terms and rates.
SWOT Analysis of African Bank Limited
African Bank Limited Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of African Bank Limited:
1. The bank provides a variety of services such as credit cards, personal loans, savings and investment schemes, funeral plan etc. 2. The bank has received the credit ombudsman award for consecutive years 3. The analyst’s outlook for the bank look positive with the EPS and dividends per share expected to increase over the next two years. 4. The bank has taken corrective action quickly to address the weak economic scenario.
5. It is a locally controlled bank by the Reserve Bank of South Africa
African Bank Limited Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the African Bank Limited SWOT Analysis:
1. Weak economic outlook can affect the activities of the bank as disposable income gets eroded and investor confidence goes down. 2. The quality of banks assets have gone down, with non-performing loans increasing which is a concern 3. The credit impairment charge has been increased last year, reflecting the difficulty that bank is facing in collecting the dues.
African Bank Limited Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in African Bank Limited SWOT Analysis:
1. Increasing living standards of customers can be seen as a sign of optimistic future. 2. Demographic dividend – The African population in the age group of 18 to 64 (working class) is increasing, therefore bank can look forward to more customers over the years.
3. The should introduce loan products which are more suited to current needs of the customers base.
African Bank Limited Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of African Bank Limited are as mentioned:
1. The bank can face default risk if it fails to meet its obligations towards its customers. 2. The bank can face risk due to downgrading by credit rating agencies in the future. 3. The bank can face interest rate risk, due to market interest rates moving in a direction which is unfavourable to the bank.
African Bank Limited Competition
African Bank Limited Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of African Bank Limited:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to African Bank Limited. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute