Tyco International SWOT Analysis, Competitors & USP
Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Tyco International analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Tyco International SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Tyco International to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Tyco International is one of the leading brands in the conglomerates sector.
The article below lists the Tyco International SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Tyco International SWOT Analysis:
For Tyco International, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Tyco International Strengths
The strengths of Tyco International looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Tyco International :
1. Strong market position and global footprint - operates through 1,000 locations in nearly 50 countries 2. Diversified and loyal customer base 3. Highly segmented market with experienced workforce 4. Deep expertise that covers entire product and solution lifecycle, from manufacturing and design to installation and service
5. High margin business area especially servicing
Tyco International Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Tyco International SWOT Analysis:
1. Restrictive covenants in debt instruments, breach of any of these covenants could result in a default under Tyco's credit agreements 2.Minor decreasing trend in the topline especially in its services setor
Tyco International Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Tyco International SWOT Analysis:
1. Rebounding of the US construction sector with consistent expected growth 2. Increased focus on emerging markets like China, India, Latin America and Middle East
Tyco International Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Tyco International are as mentioned:
1. Intense competition with many regional and local companies 2. Cyclical industry conditions – the operating industries have history of periodic downturns 3. Weak and fragile global economic environment especially in high income countries
Tyco International Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 5 competitors of Tyco International:
1. 3M comany 2. General Electric company 3. Siemens AG
4. Federal signal corporation
5. Hochiki Corporation
Hence this concludes the Tyco International SWOT analysis.
Banking and financial services, oil and gas, marine, government, healthcare, retail, home security, transportation and commercial and industrial
Commercial, industrial, retail, residential, small business, institutional and governmental customers
We have a broad portfolio of innovative products and services that allow us to partner with customers to help them protect people and assets everywhere they do business
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Tyco International. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute