Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Keppel Corporation analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Keppel Corporation SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Keppel Corporation to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Keppel Corporation is one of the leading brands in the conglomerates sector.
The article below lists the Keppel Corporation SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Keppel Corporation SWOT Analysis:
For Keppel Corporation, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Keppel Corporation Strengths
The strengths of Keppel Corporation looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Keppel Corporation :
1. Strong market position in key businesses providing competitive advantage with operations in over 30 countries 2. Favorable business mix 3. Sustainability initiatives – solid waste management, green energy investments, etc. 4. Global leader in offshore rig design, construction and repair, ship repair, and conversion
5. Over 35,000 people are a part of its workforce
6. It has a strong presence in Offshore & Marine industry, Infrastructure, Property and Investment
Keppel Corporation Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Keppel Corporation SWOT Analysis:
1. Geographic concentration with majority revenue from Singapore 2. Decrease in revenue from ASEAN countries, which are growing economies
Keppel Corporation Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Keppel Corporation SWOT Analysis:
1. Positive trend in the production and floating accommodation semisubmersible markets – with global energy demand growth is expected to grow significantly 2. High order contracts likely to benefit the group's financial performance 3. Venturing into clean energy production
Keppel Corporation Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Keppel Corporation are as mentioned:
1. Intense competition 2. Government regulations and environmental issues
Keppel Corporation Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 6 competitors of Keppel Corporation:
Offshore and marine, infrastructure, property, and investment businesses
Shipping industry, Process industries, Government agencies, Business organizations, Oil and gas industries
Profitability, Safety and innovation
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Keppel Corporation. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute