Swire Group SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Swire Group, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
Swire Group is one of the leading brands in the conglomerates sector. The article below lists the Swire Group SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
For Swire Group, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Swire Group looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in starting SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Swire Group :
1. Presence in Asia and North America employing over 120,000 people
2. Diversified revenue stream- property, beverages segment, trading and industrial segment, aviation and marine services
3. Strong industry recognition through awards in various categories – Brand image gives competitive advantage
4. Robust growth in sales and profits – revenue growing at healthy rate with strong financial base
5. Its subsidiaries are big brands like Swire Pacific, Swire Properties Cathay Pacific, Dragonair, Haeco, Steamships Trading Company
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Swire Group SWOT Analysis:
1. Legal proceedings against Cathay Pacific
2. Geographical concentration – most of revenue generated from Hong Kong and almost all revenue from Asian markets
3. Decreasing yield in all classes, especially economy class of airlines
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Swire Group SWOT Analysis:
1. Partnerships and joint ventures enhancing business
2. Increasing spending on food in emerging markets is a big market
3. New gas reserves in Asian and African seas and shale gas technology development
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Swire Group are as mentioned:
1. National and international regulations
2. Increasing competition
3. Soaring fuel prices could strain margins
4. Price war in aviation industry
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 5 competitors of Swire Group:
1. Beijing Enterprises Holdings Limited
2. CSR Limited
3. Hutchison Whampoa Limited
4. PepsiCo, Inc.
5. TECO Energy Inc
Hence this concludes the Swire Group SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|Swire Group Overview|
Property, products and services
Value in diversity
Exceling as corporate citizen with sustainable growth strategy
|Swire Group STP|
Property development and investment, beverages, trading and industrial services, marine services, and aviation
Buyers of residential, organizations, business and travel group, consumers of soft drinks, consumers of motor vehicles, footwear, builders, property developers, oil and gas wells, shipping industries, Air travelers, Airline industries
Strong recognized and trusted brand in greater China region
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Swire Group. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us