Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Fortune Brands analyses the brand/company with its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Fortune Brands SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Fortune Brands to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors and industry. Fortune Brands is one of the leading brands in the conglomerates sector.
The table below lists the SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Fortune Brands competitors and includes Fortune Brands target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Fortune Brands:
1. Operates in US, Canada, Europe, Asia, Australia and Central America 2. Strong market position built on strong brand portfolio 3. Focus on innovation is a strength
4. It had a lean and adaptable supply chain
5. Strong and flexible capital structure
Fortune Brands Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Fortune Brands SWOT Analysis:
1. Overdependence on the US market and spilt into smaller businesses– most of total revenue are from USA 2.Fluctuating EBT over the last five years 3.Poor presence in Asia and Australia – developing countries
Fortune Brands Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Fortune Brands SWOT Analysis:
1. Growth potential in the security products market 2. Improving housing construction market in the US 3. Expansion projects in China and India
Fortune Brands Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Fortune Brands are as mentioned:
1. Stringent regulations – especially in health and safety related issues
2.Split of conglomerate would decrease revenues and brand strength 3. Heavy competition from local players offering cheaper products
Fortune Brands Competition
Below are the top 5 Fortune Brands competitors:
1. ASSA ABLOY AB 2. Cost Plus, Inc. 3. JELD-WEN, inc.
4. Newell Rubbermaid Inc.
5. Snap-on Incorporated
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Fortune Brands. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2800 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute