Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Fraser and Neave analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Fraser and Neave SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Fraser and Neave to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Fraser and Neave is one of the leading brands in the conglomerates sector.
The article below lists the Fraser and Neave SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Fraser and Neave SWOT Analysis:
For Fraser and Neave, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Fraser and Neave Strengths
The strengths of Fraser and Neave looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Fraser and Neave :
1. Has a strong presence in more than 30 countries employing over 17,000 people 2. Diversified business operations coupled with widespread geographic presence –revenue distribution from development breweries, property, dairies, soft drinks, printing and publishing and commercial property are spread 3. Leading market position garnered on strong brand name 4. Ability to sustain profitable business expansion contributing to strong financial performance with revenue growth
5. One of the most dominant conglomerates in Singapore
6. It products includes brands like 100plus, Fruit Tree, Ice Mountain and Seasons
Fraser and Neave Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Fraser and Neave SWOT Analysis:
1. Fast maturing lease agreements – with lack of long term lease agreements 2. Termination of the agreement with the Coca-Cola Company 3. Revenue diversity likely to weaken i.e., the plan for the sale of property-related businesses could lead to loss of financial and operational synergies
Fraser and Neave Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Fraser and Neave SWOT Analysis:
1. Unlocking value by divesting interest in unprofitable business 2. Strong demand for real estate property in Asia 3. Growing demand for alternative lifestyle beverages driven by increasing health consciousness
Fraser and Neave Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Fraser and Neave are as mentioned:
1. Risk of foreign exchange fluctuations 2. Exposure to market risk 3. Negative outlook for printing industry
Fraser and Neave Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 7 competitors of Fraser and Neave:
Breweries, development property, dairies, soft drinks, printing and publishing and commercial printing
Residential and commercial real estate, consumers of soft drinks, beer and dairy products in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam and China; agencies seeking book publications, advertising agencies, book readers
Market leader with 100 years of trust
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Fraser and Neave. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute