Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Acciona analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Acciona SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Acciona to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Acciona is one of the leading brands in the conglomerates sector.
The article below lists the Acciona SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Acciona SWOT Analysis:
For Acciona, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Acciona looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Acciona :
1. Leader in the development and management of infrastructure, renewable energy, water and services, having a strong order book in Spain and other European countries
2. Focus on renewable energy – Acciona opens new wind farms at regular intervals to increase its total production capacity at a fast rate
3. The company focuses on environmental safety as well alongwith production efficiency
4. Over 30,000+ people are employed with the companys workforce
5. The conglomerate is involved in Infrastructure, Real estate, Logistics and transportation, Urban and environmental services and Energy
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Acciona SWOT Analysis:
1. Though it is present across 30 countries, it generates most of its revenues from Spain. There is a risk of losing the market in case of a slowdown in Spain, though the company has a good order backlog
2. The company has limited market share compared to global leaders
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Acciona SWOT Analysis:
1. Growing emphasis of achieving energy efficiency in Europe - Energy efficiency is one of the key objectives that the European Unions’ (EU) Europe 2020 Strategy plans to achieve.
2. Focus on emerging economies - Countries in the Asia Pacific region such as China and India are experiencing rapid urban development
combined with exponential growth in infrastructure needs and are looking for energy-efficient solutions
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Acciona are as mentioned:
1. Growing debt burden of European nations - construction output in euro area declined which is a concern
2. Rising cost of construction material - Prices of other types of steel such as hot rolled plate and cold rolled coil have increased
3. Government regulations - The group is subject to extensive and complex laws and regulations that affect the land development
and construction process, including laws and regulations related to zoning, permitted land uses, levels of density, building design, warranties, storm water, and use of open spaces
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Acciona:
Listed on the selective Ibex-35 stock exchange index, Acciona is a benchmark for the market
Based on business type
Based on geography
Infrastructure, energy, real estate, logistics and transport, urban and environmental services and water
Spain, other European countries, America and Australia
Positioned as an environmentally conscious company – official website says that the company avoided 11+ Mn metric tons of Carbon-di-oxide emissions in one year
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Acciona. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute