Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Eaton analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Eaton SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Eaton to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Eaton is one of the leading brands in the energy & power sector.
The table below lists the Eaton SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Eaton competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Attracting, developing, and keeping a diverse work force
Electrical products, electrical systems and services, vehicle, hydraulics, and aerospace
Companies & cities
UPS, services and power quality solutions
SWOT Analysis of Eaton
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Eaton:
1. A diversified portfolio of product has helped in reducing business risk 2. Strong presence in domestic market US market 3. Diverse geographic presence with operations in over 50 countries and robust manufacturing capabilities 4. Known for Corporate Responsibility with significant investment in sustainable practices especially in Environment, Health and Safety (EHS)
5. 100,000 employees worldwide with customers in over 170 countries
6. Strategic partnership with Linde Hydraulics ltd., Shanghai Aircraft Manufacturing Co. Ltd., Murphy Oil USA Inc. etc. to add more products in its already diversified portfolio
7. Acquisition of companies have strengthened its position
Here are the weaknesses in the Eaton SWOT Analysis:
1. Legal proceedings and lawsuits that relate to alleged patent infringement, tax audits, contractual allegations etc is a concern
2. Increasing competition, limited margins affects business operations
Following are the Opportunities in Eaton SWOT Analysis:
1. Diversification by acquisition will help in inorganic growth in a consolidated market 2. Emerging market provides opportunity for growth with increasing demand for energy management 3. Growing global automotive drivetrain market and positive outlook for electrical components could help enhance business opportunities
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Eaton are as mentioned:
1. Competition across all business segments can affect margins adversely, with numbers varying across segments 2. Increase in labor costs has affected customer and end-user service price which are affecting its core costs
3. Volatility in raw material costs especially Iron, Steel & Oil are affecting profitability
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Eaton. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute