Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Phillips 66 analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Phillips 66 SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Phillips 66 to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Phillips 66 is one of the leading brands in the energy & power sector.
The table below lists the Phillips 66 SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Phillips 66 competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
End consumers and midstream Natural Gas Liquids companies
Diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company
SWOT Analysis of Phillips 66
Phillips 66 Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Phillips 66:
1. It is ranked 7 in the Fortune 500 list of 2015 employing over 14000 employees 2. Its stations Phillips 66 and 76 are highly recognized brands across the US 3. Apart from US it operates in more than 65 countries across the world 4. It has one of the best distribution and sales network in the US for NGL and petrochemicals
5. The company owns 15 refineries with net crude oil capacity of 2.2 million barrels per day, 10,000 branded marketing outlets, and 24,000 Kms of pipelines
6. Actively involved in finding new sources of energy
7. The first company to join U.S. climate action plan
Phillips 66 Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Phillips 66 SWOT Analysis:
1. Increasing cost of new exploration and production projects 2. Increasing volatility of Oil & Gas prices in the world markets affects profitability 3. Total revenues have decreased due to decrease in prices of Crude oil
Phillips 66 Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Phillips 66 SWOT Analysis:
1. With the decrease in prices, the demand for Oil & Natural gas has increased in the US 2. Strategic divestments of non-core assets have helped generate additional revenue for the company 3. Disciplined approach taken to invest in new areas for Oil & Gas
Phillips 66 Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Phillips 66 are as mentioned:
1. Energy & Power sector is one of the most competitive business in the world and perhaps the most volatile 2. Threat of OPEC and cartelization which can hamper profits 3. Investments in Shale gas and Oil sands which could only be operational if oil prices are high
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Phillips 66. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute