Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Hindustan Petroleum analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Hindustan Petroleum SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Hindustan Petroleum to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Hindustan Petroleum is one of the leading brands in the energy & power sector.
The table below lists the Hindustan Petroleum SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Hindustan Petroleum competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
HPCL has got a strong marketing structure among other PSUs
Hindustan Petroleum STP
Corporates, countries, individuals looking to fulfill energy needs
Enterprises looking for energy for production, people for petrol diesel for vehicles and domestic uses
HPCL is working for fulfilling the energy needs of India
SWOT Analysis of Hindustan Petroleum
Hindustan Petroleum Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Hindustan Petroleum:
1. HPCL is one of India's major oil and gas company 2. Hindustan Petroleum operates largest Lube refiniery in India 3. Large product portfolio including oil, natural gas, lubricants etc 4. HPCL owns and operates the largest Lube Refinery in India producing Lube Base Oils of international standards 5. Produces over 300+ grades of Lubes, Specialities and Greases
6. More than 11,000+ people are employed with HPCL
7. HPCL has refineries in Mumbai, Vishakapatnam, Mangalore, Bhatinda and Rajasthan
8. Strong backing of the Indian government gives it financial stability
Hindustan Petroleum Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Hindustan Petroleum SWOT Analysis:
1. Intense competition from other PSU's and international oil companies means limited market share
2. Government intervention often disrupts operations efficiency
Hindustan Petroleum Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Hindustan Petroleum SWOT Analysis:
1. HPCL can tap the increasing fuel/oil prices and increase margins 2. Increasing demand for natural gas in transport and industries 3. HPCL can focus on partnerships and international growth to expand export market
4. Acquisition and tei-ups to strengthen its market position
Hindustan Petroleum Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Hindustan Petroleum are as mentioned:
1. Government regulations can affect HPCL's performance 2. High Competition from other players
3. Fluctuating market and crude prices can reduce profitability for HPCL
Hindustan Petroleum Competition
Hindustan Petroleum Competitors
Below are the top 4 competitors of Hindustan Petroleum:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Hindustan Petroleum. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute