Bharat Petroleum SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Bharat Petroleum, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
Bharat Petroleum is one of the leading brands in the energy & power sector. The article below lists the Bharat Petroleum SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
For Bharat Petroleum, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Bharat Petroleum looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in starting SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Bharat Petroleum :
1. BPCL is one of India's largest state owned oil and gas company
2. Bharat Petroleum has a strong brand presence along with Bharatgas, Mak lubricants etc
3. Strong expertise in refining and retailing of petroleum
4. More than 13000+ people are employed with BPCL
5. Being a government company, strong backing in terms of finance and operations
6. Good advertising and branding of the company through marketing campaigns
7. More investments in upstream and downstream activities to boost the business of BPCL
8. Bharatgas from BPCL provides LPG cylinders for millions of Indian households
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Bharat Petroleum SWOT Analysis:
1. Being a government company, there are operational delays due to red tapism
2. Intense competition means limited market share growth for BPCL
Read more about Bharat Petroleum
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Bharat Petroleum SWOT Analysis:
1. Increasing fuel/oil prices means higher margins for BPCL and other companies
2. Increasing natural gas market for industries is a huge opportunity
3. More oil well discoveries across the world
4. Expand export market and tie-up with international companies can increase business for BPCL
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Bharat Petroleum are as mentioned:
1. Government regulations and restrictions can affect business
2. High Competition means reduction in BPCL's market share
3. Strict environmental laws can affect business operations
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 4 competitors of Bharat Petroleum:
4. Reliance Industries Limited
Hence this concludes the Bharat Petroleum SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
Bharat Petroleum (BPCL)
Oil & Gas
Energising Lives; Pure for Sure
BPCL is one of India's most trusted oil brands
|Bharat Petroleum STP|
Corporates, countries, individuals looking to fulfill energy needs
Enterprises looking for energy for production, people for petrol diesel for vehicles and domestic uses
BPCL is there for providing energy to the people of India
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Bharat Petroleum. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us