Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Reliance Power analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Reliance Power SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Reliance Power to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Reliance Power is one of the leading brands in the energy & power sector.
The article below lists the Reliance Power SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Reliance Power SWOT Analysis:
For Reliance Power, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Reliance Power Strengths
The strengths of Reliance Power looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Reliance Power :
1. Huge Capacity generation in pipeline
2. Projects are spread across most parts of the country
3. Advanced technology to reduce emissions has led to acquiring of Carbon Credits for 3 of its Ultra Mega Power Projects (UMPP)
4. Strong backing of the Reliance group makes it a force
5. It has services like electricity generation, distribution, natural gas exploration, distribution etc
Reliance Power Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Reliance Power SWOT Analysis:
1. Incomplete projects lead to rise in costs which include interest costs
2. Income obtained currently is Other income which is due to sale of assets and not due to Operations. Increasing Other Income leads to decline of the share holder trust and decrease in share price
Reliance Power Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Reliance Power SWOT Analysis:
1.Setting up huge power plants in Jharkhand and Orissa which have huge reserves of coal 2.Huge scope in power sector once the projects become operational 3.Investing in Non-conventional energy projects
4. International tie-ups and collaborations
Reliance Power Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Reliance Power are as mentioned:
1. Fluctuating International prices of coal and oil. 2. Changes in International policies regarding import of coal and oil. 3. Government policies and regulations affects operations
Reliance Power Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Reliance Power:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Reliance Power. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute