Reliance Power SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Reliance Power, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
Reliance Power is one of the leading brands in the energy & power sector. The article below lists the Reliance Power SWOT and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
Let us start the SWOT Analysis below:
The strengths of Reliance Power looks at the key internal factors of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market and strengthens its position.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in a SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Reliance Power :
1. Huge Capacity generation in pipeline
2. Projects are spread across most parts of the country
3. Advanced technology to reduce emissions has led to acquiring of Carbon Credits for 3 of its Ultra Mega Power Projects (UMPP)
4. Strong backing of the Reliance group makes it a force
5. It has services like electricity generation, distribution, natural gas exploration, distribution etc
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which it can improve. Here are the weaknesses in the Reliance Power SWOT Analysis:
1. Incomplete projects lead to rise in costs which include interest costs
2. Income obtained currently is Other income which is due to sale of assets and not due to Operations. Increasing Other Income leads to decline of the share holder trust and decrease in share price
Read more about Reliance Power
The opportunities for any brand can include prospects of future growth. Following are the opportunities in Reliance Power SWOT Analysis:
1.Setting up huge power plants in Jharkhand and Orissa which have huge reserves of coal
2.Huge scope in power sector once the projects become operational
3.Investing in Non-conventional energy projects
4. International tie-ups and collaborations
The threats for any business can be external factors which can negatively impact its business. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Reliance Power are as mentioned:
1. Fluctuating International prices of coal and oil.
2. Changes in International policies regarding import of coal and oil.
3. Government policies and regulations affects operations
Read Similar SWOT analysis
Hence this concludes the Reliance Power SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
About Reliance Power
|Reliance Power Overview|
Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group (ADAG)
Power on. India on; Changing Lives brightening futures
The largest power generation portfolio under development in the private sector in India.
|Reliance Power STP|
Rural areas, Industrial hubs, Urban areas
Agricultural farmers, Industries, commercial complexes
Having large power generation capability
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Reliance Power. This section covers SWOT Analysis along with Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us