Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Tenaga Nasional analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Tenaga Nasional SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Tenaga Nasional to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Tenaga Nasional is one of the leading brands in the energy & power sector.
The table below lists the Tenaga Nasional SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Tenaga Nasional competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Tenaga Nasional SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning, USP & Brand Analysis Table
Provide support, and repair and maintenance services
Tenaga Nasional STP
Agencies looking to buy electricity
Retail and wholesale customers
One stop energy solution
SWOT Analysis of Tenaga Nasional
Tenaga Nasional Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Tenaga Nasional:
1. Largest power producer in Malaysia
2. Vertically integrated operations
3. power plants are advanced in equipment, stable and efficient 4. company also provides production technology consultancy, water electric construction support, and repair and maintenance services
5. Sound credit worthiness both domestically and internationally and rich capital market operation experience
6. Nearly 30,000 people are a part of the workforce
Tenaga Nasional Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Tenaga Nasional SWOT Analysis:
1. Produce large amounts of greenhouse gas emissions as part of its day-to-day operations
2. Energy portfolio not well diversified
Tenaga Nasional Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Tenaga Nasional SWOT Analysis:
1. Wind power generation 2. New sources of power generations 3. Plans to reduce CO2 emission
Tenaga Nasional Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Tenaga Nasional are as mentioned:
1. Rising cost of production, volatile cost of input material 2. Decreasing demand, economic slowdown
3. Changing dynamics of energy sources
4. Increasing competition, consolidation
5. Environmental regulation
Tenaga Nasional Competition
Tenaga Nasional Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of Tenaga Nasional:
1. CLP Holdings Limited
2. Sime Darby Berhad
3. International Power plc
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Tenaga Nasional. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute