Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of PTT PCL analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In PTT PCL SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like PTT PCL to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. PTT PCL is one of the leading brands in the energy & power sector.
The table below lists the PTT PCL SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top PTT PCL competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Enterprises /individuals which require motor/aviation fuel, lubricants, industry products and polymers
An integrated Thai state-owned energy company
SWOT Analysis of PTT PCL
PTT PCL Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of PTT PCL:
1. PTT, one of the largest and most well known Thai companies, with nearly 9000 employees is the market leader in Thailand and this strong market position enables it to fuel its revenues and profitability 2. The petrochemical group of PTT, the largest in Thailand is totally integrated from the processing and distribution of assorted upstream, intermediate and polymer products, and marketing distribution of polymers, to integrated logistics services and the supply of related utilities, and this integration gives PTT its strong market position 3. A robust revenue growth over the past few years has enabled PTT to fuel its profitability and provided a strong stable base for its growth plans
4. One of the biggest player in Thailand and a strong industry presence
5. Strong backing by the govt means flexibility to perform operations
PTT PCL Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the PTT PCL SWOT Analysis:
1. PTT ‘s asset concentration in Thailand places the company at a competitive disadvantage against other global players because it heavily exposes the company to political and economic risks of Thailand, and any disruption in the nation can negatively impact the entire supply chain 2. PTT ‘s lack of presence in any of the developed or developing global markets impairs its chances of revenue growth and profit as compared to its other competitors who are present globally
PTT PCL Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in PTT PCL SWOT Analysis:
1. PTT has been expanding its overseas coal business (by acquiring equities and major shares in companies, and exploratory rights for coal in some nations), which will enhance its coal related technical expertise and expand its coal asset base 2. PTT has been jointly investing with various companies to expand its power business, which will strengthen the company’s power segment, enhance its competitive edge and help secure and stabilize the supply of energy to Thailand in the long run 3. Through several strategic initiatives (restructuring of subsidiaries and focusing on newer processes) and acquisitions (eg. Straits Bulk and Industrial), PTT’s operating efficiency and profitability can increase and its geographical presence would be broadened
PTT PCL Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of PTT PCL are as mentioned:
1. Stringent environmental laws in the industry in which PTT operates can impair its operations, and lead it to revenue losses 2. Fluctuations in the prices of raw materials used by PTT could affect the company’s profit margins 3. Operational hazards related to the exploration and production of oil based products, which can lead to damage of property and loss of lives etc., can lead to prolonged closing down of the company’s installations, thereby decreasing the company’s productivity and leading to huge loss of revenue
PTT PCL Competition
PTT PCL Competitors
Below are the top 4 competitors of PTT PCL:
1. China National Petroleum Corporation 2. ExxonMobil Corporation 3. Thai Oil Public Company Ltd. 4. Petron Corporation
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to PTT PCL. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute