Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 29, 2020
SWOT analysis of Ruby Tuesday analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Ruby Tuesday SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Ruby Tuesday to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Ruby Tuesday is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector.
The article below lists the Ruby Tuesday SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Ruby Tuesday SWOT Analysis:
For Ruby Tuesday, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Ruby Tuesday Strengths
The strengths of Ruby Tuesday looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Ruby Tuesday :
1. Nearly 800 locations in the US, and some 15 foreign countries
2. It's known for its premium Handcrafted Burgers and its bountiful, Create Your Own Garden Bar
3. Strong brand image since 1972 4. Operations throughout the U.S. and all over the world
5. Released a cookbook in 2011 titled Simply Fresh: Casual Dining at Home by Jeff Morgan which contains recipes inspired by the menu and which are signature to the brand
6. It was the first large national casual dining chain in the country to post specific nutritional information on their menus
7. A separate menu is available for placing a bulk take-out or catering order
Ruby Tuesday Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Ruby Tuesday SWOT Analysis:
1. It has failed to match the television advertising efforts of its competitors
2. Very high calorific content in food 3. Limited menu as the brand is still commonly recognized only for their salad bar and hamburgers
Ruby Tuesday Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Ruby Tuesday SWOT Analysis:
1. New food items on its menu 2. Venture into newer markets/countries
3. More branding and advertising through TVCs, online campaigns
Ruby Tuesday Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Ruby Tuesday are as mentioned:
1. Maintaining quality and uniformity in food and décor across establishments proves difficult 2. Change in mindset towards veg and healthier food
Ruby Tuesday Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Ruby Tuesday:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Ruby Tuesday. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute