Ruby Tuesday SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Ruby Tuesday, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
Ruby Tuesday is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector. The article below lists the Ruby Tuesday SWOT and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
Let us start the SWOT Analysis below:
The strengths of Ruby Tuesday looks at the key internal factors of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market and strengthens its position.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in a SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Ruby Tuesday :
1. Nearly 800 locations in the US, and some 15 foreign countries
2. It's known for its premium Handcrafted Burgers and its bountiful, Create Your Own Garden Bar
3. Strong brand image since 1972
4. Operations throughout the U.S. and all over the world
5. Released a cookbook in 2011 titled Simply Fresh: Casual Dining at Home by Jeff Morgan which contains recipes inspired by the menu and which are signature to the brand
6. It was the first large national casual dining chain in the country to post specific nutritional information on their menus
7. A separate menu is available for placing a bulk take-out or catering order
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which it can improve. Here are the weaknesses in the Ruby Tuesday SWOT Analysis:
1. It has failed to match the television advertising efforts of its competitors
2. Very high calorific content in food
3. Limited menu as the brand is still commonly recognized only for their salad bar and hamburgers
The opportunities for any brand can include prospects of future growth. Following are the opportunities in Ruby Tuesday SWOT Analysis:
1. New food items on its menu
2. Venture into newer markets/countries
3. More branding and advertising through TVCs, online campaigns
The threats for any business can be external factors which can negatively impact its business. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Ruby Tuesday are as mentioned:
1. Maintaining quality and uniformity in food and décor across establishments proves difficult
2. Change in mindset towards veg and healthier food
Hence this concludes the Ruby Tuesday SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
About Ruby Tuesday
|Ruby Tuesday Overview|
Ruby Tuesday Inc.
Freshness and quality
|Ruby Tuesday STP|
Income, Age and Lifestyle
Youth and Adults from middle and upper class
Simple Fresh American Dining
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Ruby Tuesday. This section covers SWOT Analysis along with Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us