Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 29, 2020
SWOT analysis of Golden Corral analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Golden Corral SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Golden Corral to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Golden Corral is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector.
The article below lists the Golden Corral SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Golden Corral SWOT Analysis:
For Golden Corral, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Golden Corral Strengths
The strengths of Golden Corral looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Golden Corral :
1. Widespread presence across US with 500 steak buffet restaurants in many US states.
2. Additional food product line - also feature a Dessert Café and a Brass Bell Bakery that serves freshly-baked breads, rolls, cookies, and brownies
3. Huge selection of food options that range from Mexican to American
4. Good staff training and performance and employee retention measures
5. Innovative services such as Many locations offer a To-Go service, which allows customers to pack anything they want
Golden Corral Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Golden Corral SWOT Analysis:
1. Affected by past experiences such as salmonella break out and other viruses
2. Loss of brand reputation due to allegations of improper food storage
Golden Corral Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Golden Corral SWOT Analysis:
1. Expand offerings to include a healthy buffet option rich in salads and light food
2. Geographical expansion across other countries with similar palates
Golden Corral Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Golden Corral are as mentioned:
1. Competition from stand – alone restaurants which offer more customized food options
2. Health concerns leading to more people opting for healthier lifestyles and food options
3. Increasing competitor activity and increasing costs of operations
Golden Corral Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Golden Corral:
Help Yourself to Happiness , Making Pleasurable Dining Affordable
Buffet restaurant specializing in steak & grill – American style
Golden Corral STP
Food & beverages restaurants
Families who enjoy steak and grilled food
Buffet Style southern American restaurant
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Golden Corral. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute