Sbarro SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Sbarro, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
Sbarro is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector. The article below lists the Sbarro SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
For Sbarro, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Sbarro looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in starting SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Sbarro :
1. Strong presence across the world with Over 1,000 locations 44 countries
2. popular for its fresh food and genuine Italian fare.
3. Multiple location types - Sbarro restaurants are located in department stores, shopping malls, airports, service areas, cinemas and college campuses
4. Sbarro’s was ranked by Pizza Today as the America’s one of the top five largest pizza chain.
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Sbarro SWOT Analysis:
1. Inconsistent experience due to wide presence across states & franchise partners, and low international presence
2. Unsustainable financial structure requiring restructuring – selective default or bankruptcy filing
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Sbarro SWOT Analysis:
1. Greater focus on promotional activities –create a perception of greater value for money
2. Expand aggressively in developing countries to help balance the high food & labor cost issues in developed markets
3. Tie-ups and sponsorships of events can boost the brand recognition significantly
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Sbarro are as mentioned:
1. Competition from standalone restaurants with an edge through customized menu
2. Macroeconomic Factors – economic recession ,price rise of food & labor
3. High costs of operations across the country can reduce margins
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Sbarro:
1. Panda Restaurant Group, Inc.
2. YUM Brands
3. Noble Romans Inc.
Hence this concludes the Sbarro SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
We Don't Cut Corners
pizza restaurants that specializes in New York style pizza
Food and beverages for Working Adults , Students , kids
Pizza lovers – generally a broad category – mainly working adults and the college students
Italian-American cuisine, pizza, pasta, salads
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Sbarro. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us