Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 29, 2020
SWOT analysis of Tate & Lyle analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Tate & Lyle SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Tate & Lyle to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Tate & Lyle is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector.
The article below lists the Tate & Lyle SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Tate & Lyle SWOT Analysis:
For Tate & Lyle, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Tate & Lyle Strengths
The strengths of Tate & Lyle looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Tate & Lyle :
1. Average quarterly cash conversion improved significantly 2. ICD launched many new products 3. Strong organic growth in core and emerging markets 4. Growth in specialty food ingredient segment 5.Has over 14 silos for storing corn in the US for ensuring stable supply 6.Strong balance sheet performance and strong free cash flow generation 7. CSR includes various initiatives like reduction of carbon footprint, reduction of water use, waste to landfill increased
8. List of NTSE 250 index and London Stock Exchange
Tate & Lyle Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Tate & Lyle SWOT Analysis:
1. Limited brand awareness as compared big firms 2. No major presence in SME sector
Tate & Lyle Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Tate & Lyle SWOT Analysis:
1. Asia and Latin America are the next engine of growth 2. ICD (Innovation and Commercial Development) is a key enabler of Tate & Lyle’s growth strategy
Tate & Lyle Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Tate & Lyle are as mentioned:
1. Severe and prolonged winter esp. in the US is hurting profits badly 2. Extremely competitive markets for SPLENDA sucrose 3. Supply chain disruptions will be fatal to the company which relies on agro- products
Tate & Lyle Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Tate & Lyle:
3.Bio Plus Life Sciences
Hence this concludes the Tate & Lyle SWOT analysis.
Food and beverage manufacturers, textile manufacturers, animal feed compounders etc.
Sub premium and natural products
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Tate & Lyle. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute