Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 29, 2020
SWOT analysis of Tate & Lyle analyses the brand/company with its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Tate & Lyle SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Tate & Lyle to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors and industry. Tate & Lyle is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector.
The table below lists the SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Tate & Lyle competitors and includes Tate & Lyle target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Food and beverage manufacturers, textile manufacturers, animal feed compounders etc.
Tate & Lyle Positioning
Sub premium and natural products
Tate & Lyle SWOT Analysis
Tate & Lyle Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Tate & Lyle:
1. Average quarterly cash conversion improved significantly 2. ICD launched many new products 3. Strong organic growth in core and emerging markets 4. Growth in specialty food ingredient segment 5.Has over 14 silos for storing corn in the US for ensuring stable supply 6.Strong balance sheet performance and strong free cash flow generation 7. CSR includes various initiatives like reduction of carbon footprint, reduction of water use, waste to landfill increased
8. List of NTSE 250 index and London Stock Exchange
Tate & Lyle Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Tate & Lyle SWOT Analysis:
1. Limited brand awareness as compared big firms 2. No major presence in SME sector
Tate & Lyle Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Tate & Lyle SWOT Analysis:
1. Asia and Latin America are the next engine of growth 2. ICD (Innovation and Commercial Development) is a key enabler of Tate & Lyle’s growth strategy
Tate & Lyle Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Tate & Lyle are as mentioned:
1. Severe and prolonged winter esp. in the US is hurting profits badly 2. Extremely competitive markets for SPLENDA sucrose 3. Supply chain disruptions will be fatal to the company which relies on agro- products
Tate & Lyle Competition
Below are the top 3 Tate & Lyle competitors:
3.Bio Plus Life Sciences
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Tate & Lyle. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2800 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute