Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 29, 2020
SWOT analysis of Au Bon Pain analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Au Bon Pain SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Au Bon Pain to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Au Bon Pain is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector.
The table below lists the Au Bon Pain SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Au Bon Pain competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Au Bon Pain:
1. All its products have healthy ingredients & MSG free 2. It has been voted as America’s healthiest restaurant by Grellin 3. Brought breakthroughs in baking technology. Many new innovative technologies which was taken up by other restaurants 4. Customized menu according to different nationalities
5. All the recipes are expertly crafted and tested in the US before they launch in other geographies
6. Acquired famous Panera Bread food chain which made it very popular
7. It has added a host of health- and diet-conscious sandwiches, wraps and soups
8. Close to 250 cafes across the world like US, India, Thailand
Au Bon Pain Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Au Bon Pain SWOT Analysis:
1. Workforce management as frequent strikes by employees can be a concern 2. Intense competition means limited market share
Au Bon Pain Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Au Bon Pain SWOT Analysis:
1. Aggressive expansion in Asian countries owing to changing demographics 2. Have better sales strategy by hiring out new franchisees
Au Bon Pain Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Au Bon Pain are as mentioned:
1. US food & drug regulations 2. Increasing competition from other international & local food brands 3.Economic downturns can cause people to reduce consumption decreasing sales
4. Value of real estate going up increasing rent cost & thus operating costs
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Au Bon Pain. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute