Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 29, 2020
SWOT analysis of Au Bon Pain analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Au Bon Pain SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Au Bon Pain to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Au Bon Pain is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector.
The article below lists the Au Bon Pain SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Au Bon Pain SWOT Analysis:
For Au Bon Pain, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Au Bon Pain Strengths
The strengths of Au Bon Pain looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Au Bon Pain :
1. All its products have healthy ingredients & MSG free 2. It has been voted as America’s healthiest restaurant by Grellin 3. Brought breakthroughs in baking technology. Many new innovative technologies which was taken up by other restaurants 4. Customized menu according to different nationalities
5. All the recipes are expertly crafted and tested in the US before they launch in other geographies
6. Acquired famous Panera Bread food chain which made it very popular
7. It has added a host of health- and diet-conscious sandwiches, wraps and soups
8. Close to 250 cafes across the world like US, India, Thailand
Au Bon Pain Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Au Bon Pain SWOT Analysis:
1. Workforce management as frequent strikes by employees can be a concern 2. Intense competition means limited market share
Au Bon Pain Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Au Bon Pain SWOT Analysis:
1. Aggressive expansion in Asian countries owing to changing demographics 2. Have better sales strategy by hiring out new franchisees
Au Bon Pain Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Au Bon Pain are as mentioned:
1. US food & drug regulations 2. Increasing competition from other international & local food brands 3.Economic downturns can cause people to reduce consumption decreasing sales
4. Value of real estate going up increasing rent cost & thus operating costs
Au Bon Pain Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Au Bon Pain:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Au Bon Pain. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute