Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 29, 2020
SWOT analysis of Cafe Coffee Day analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Cafe Coffee Day SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Cafe Coffee Day to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Cafe Coffee Day is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector.
The article below lists the Cafe Coffee Day SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Cafe Coffee Day SWOT Analysis:
For Cafe Coffee Day, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Cafe Coffee Day Strengths
The strengths of Cafe Coffee Day looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Cafe Coffee Day :
1. Cafe Coffee Day has an excellent brand name and brand visibility
2. Huge young crowd as target group comes at Cafe Coffee Day
3. Excellent ambience and service
4. Cafe Coffee Day has over 1000 outlets and 300,000 visitors per day
5. It produces/grows the coffee it serves hence reducing the cost
6. More than 5000+ employees in the Cafe Coffee Day organization
Cafe Coffee Day Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Cafe Coffee Day SWOT Analysis:
1. High competition in this segment means limited market share for Cafe Coffee Day
2. High brand switching due to many options available to customers
Cafe Coffee Day Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Cafe Coffee Day SWOT Analysis:
1. Introduce cheaper versions of coffee
2. Cafe Coffee Day can tap the smaller towns/cities
3. Merchandising can benefit Cafe Coffee Day even more
4. Tie ups with other companies for promotion
Cafe Coffee Day Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Cafe Coffee Day are as mentioned:
1. Competition from foreign players like Starbucks can adversely effect Cafe Coffee Day's market share
2. Dependent on Govt commodity rates
3. Large unorganized market can cause business losses
Cafe Coffee Day Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 4 competitors of Cafe Coffee Day:
Most recognizable and affordable coffee chain brand in India
Cafe Coffee Day STP
People looking to go to have a coffee and snacks at a hangout place
Youth in the middle and higher income groups
Cafe Coffee Day is India's favorite coffee shop, for the young and the young at heart
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Cafe Coffee Day. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute