Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 29, 2020
SWOT analysis of BreadTalk analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In BreadTalk SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like BreadTalk to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. BreadTalk is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector.
The table below lists the BreadTalk SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top BreadTalk competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Brands that inspire customers to think differently
Modern People (Premium)
People who experience food; like customization and follow trends
Leading Asian F&B group.
SWOT Analysis of BreadTalk
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of BreadTalk:
1. The group has a chain of approx 40 retail outlets island-wide in Singapore
2. Presence in Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, Vietnam, Sri Lanka, Hong Kong, the People's Republic of China, Oman, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Bahrain and India.
3. Sells a wide range of bread, cakes, buns and pastries.
4. Revolutionised the bakery business with the boutique bakery concept.
4. BreadTalk has more than 90 outlets in Indonesia and in total 700 owned and franchised bakery outlets, food courts, and restaurants.
5. Host of other brands like Dina Tai Fung, Food Republic, Toast Box, RamenPlay, The Icing Room, Carl’s Jr and J.Co. Donuts and Coffee.
6. Global staff strength of 7,000 employees
Here are the weaknesses in the BreadTalk SWOT Analysis:
1. Operates a no. of brands under one umbrella but the brand unification isn’t clearly visible.
2. A lot of big retail brands like Starbucks, Cheesefactory, still missing in its portfolio.
3. Incidents like SARS in and the global economic crisis in the last few years could seriously affect the business.
4. Low barriers to entry in the segment.
Following are the Opportunities in BreadTalk SWOT Analysis:
1. Operations restricted to Asia and Middle East. Increasing its operations into other countries.
2. Capturing market share in new areas with developed market.
3. Diversification into other retail brands in Garments, Fashion, footwear, etc.
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of BreadTalk are as mentioned:
1. Strong competition from other players like M.H. Alshaya. 2. Operations dependent on regulations and policies of different economies while operating in foreign countries.
3. The entry of new competitors into the same F&B segments or into the immediate areas around the group’s retail outlets may affect its earnings.
Below are the top 2 competitors of BreadTalk:
1. Four Leaves
2. M.H. Alshaya
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to BreadTalk. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute