Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Newcrest Mining analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Newcrest Mining SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Newcrest Mining to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Newcrest Mining is one of the leading brands in the heavy equipment & engineering sector.
The table below lists the Newcrest Mining SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Newcrest Mining competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Vision is to be the Miner of choice for all stakeholders
One of the world’s largest gold mining companies operating mines in four countries
Newcrest Mining STP
Integrated electrical equipment organizations , gold distributors and resellers across various countries
Positioned as a community centric organization with fast growth and innovation
SWOT Analysis of Newcrest Mining
Newcrest Mining Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Newcrest Mining:
1. Strong reserve and resource base , with gold reserves representing decades of production at current rates. 2. Global workforce of around 16,000. 3. Mines are located in Australia, Papua New Guinea (PNG), Indonesia, and in Côte d’Ivoire, West Africa. 4. Rapid expansion of operations and markets through strategic mergers and acquisitions 5. The company’s portfolio is comprised predominantly of low cost, long life mines and a strong pipeline of brownfields and greenfields exploration projects. 6. Discovery of new ore bodies remains an important element in Newcrest’s strategy 7. Loyal customer base due to sustained quality produce . 8. Programs for environment and social impact assessment as a part of the feasibility process for existing and new projects
Newcrest Mining Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Newcrest Mining SWOT Analysis:
1. Cost intensive operations in major parts of its mines adding to high cost of the produce 2. Unstable Gold and copper prices in the international market has led to sizeable loss to the company
Newcrest Mining Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Newcrest Mining SWOT Analysis:
1. Securing of large mineral districts which are under intervention due to local government policies need to come through for sustained growth 2. Captive power plant for mines in developing countries with lack of reliable power 3. Expansion of research in the field of copper refining and extraction
4. Rising demand of Gold in Asia and America leads to a promising market for the company
Newcrest Mining Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Newcrest Mining are as mentioned:
1. Government and taxation policies have posed a threat on cost reduction policies of the companyreat of sustained revenue and shareholders 2. Delay in acquisition of new mines have posed a threat on future growth plans of the organization 3. Threat of unstable economy around the world poses a threat of sustained revenue and shareholders value
Newcrest Mining Competition
Newcrest Mining Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of Newcrest Mining:
1. Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. 2. BHP Billiton Limited 3. Newmont Australia Limited
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Newcrest Mining. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute