Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Umicore analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Umicore SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Umicore to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Umicore is one of the leading brands in the heavy equipment & engineering sector.
The table below lists the Umicore SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Umicore competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Automobile sector, precision engineering sector, precious metals and stones processing organizations, Semiconductor and solar energy equipment organizations across the world
Positioned as a materials technology company
SWOT Analysis of Umicore
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Umicore:
1. The company has been a component of Belgium's benchmark BEL20 stock market index since its 1991 inception 2. Umicore is now focused exclusively on the recycling of non-ferrous metals and the manufacture of specialized metallic and non-metal products which is most unique in its sector 3. Backed by a strong group with operational presence in various countries like India, Brazil, South Africa ,US etc. 4. Strong existing sales and distribution network 5. Monetary assistance provided by financial organizations for research activities 6. High profitability and revenue with loyal customer base.
7. Technology leadership in semiconductors, recycled products and solar energy 8. Employee base of 14,000+
Here are the weaknesses in the Umicore SWOT Analysis:
1. High spending on technology leading to a cap on profitability 2. Limited market for the products leading to strong dependence on distribution and sales network 3. Disinvestment and reincarnation of the company led to loss of shareholders
Following are the Opportunities in Umicore SWOT Analysis:
1. Unique operations in sectors of Catalysts, Energy Materials, Recycling and performance materials gives the opportunity to be in near monopoly condition in present scenario 2. Automotive catalysts segments has huge potential for expansion along with the electroplating and platinum engineered materials 3. High spending on research will lead to improvement of efficiency products like semiconductors and solar cells
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Umicore are as mentioned:
1. Rising cost of raw materials 2. Increasing interest rates poses a threat to the profitability of the company 3. High cost of labor and technicians owing to operations 4. Fluctuation in prices and demand of the products due t global economic conditions and procurement by client companies.
Below are the top 3 competitors of Umicore:
1. OM Group, Inc. 2. Johnson Matthey Plc 3. Recylex SA
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Umicore. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute