Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Rockwell Automation analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Rockwell Automation SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Rockwell Automation to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Rockwell Automation is one of the leading brands in the heavy equipment & engineering sector.
The article below lists the Rockwell Automation SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Rockwell Automation SWOT Analysis:
For Rockwell Automation, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Rockwell Automation Strengths
The strengths of Rockwell Automation looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Rockwell Automation :
1. Provides services across more than 80 countries 2. Products recognized for innovation and excellence 3. Adopts Plant wide optimization technique to achieve productivity and efficiency 4. Has flexible, scalable automation solutions to lower cost to design
5. Deploys Integrated Architecture to drive efficiency and productivity across customer’s organization6.
6. Provides flexible overall solution with higher levels of visibility
7. More than 20,000 people are a part of the organization
8. Presence in the Fortune 500 shows its credibility
Rockwell Automation Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Rockwell Automation SWOT Analysis:
1. Intense competition means limited market share growth
2. Lesser margins mean financial instability can hurt operations
Rockwell Automation Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Rockwell Automation SWOT Analysis:
1. Leveraging of LoT to enhance The Connected Enterprise Vision of the company 2. Research and Development 3. Huge Investments by emerging markets in technology and automation
Rockwell Automation Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Rockwell Automation are as mentioned:
1. Rising cost of energy 2. Rising cost of raw materials 3. Lack of Skilled labor
Rockwell Automation Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Rockwell Automation:
1. Schneider Electric 2. Autotech Controls 3. OC Oerlikon
Hence this concludes the Rockwell Automation SWOT analysis.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Rockwell Automation. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute