Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Parker-Hannifin analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Parker-Hannifin SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Parker-Hannifin to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Parker-Hannifin is one of the leading brands in the heavy equipment & engineering sector.
The article below lists the Parker-Hannifin SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Parker-Hannifin SWOT Analysis:
For Parker-Hannifin, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Parker-Hannifin looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Parker-Hannifin :
1. Provides service to 50+ countries on 6 continents 2. Ranked in the Fortune 500, which shows its credibility 3. It is a Global Leader in motion and control technologies 4. Has a knowledge house, technical expertise and engineering competence
5. Huge distribution network across the countries
6. Decentralized operating structure that allows each division within the company to focus on its customers and respond quickly
7. Employs over 55,000+ people in the organization
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Parker-Hannifin SWOT Analysis:
1. Cases of equipment failures (Boeing 737, F-35 incidents) hurt the image 2. Intense competition means limited market share growth
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Parker-Hannifin SWOT Analysis:
1. Portfolio diversification through mergers and acquisitions 2. Market development through joint ventures or M&A 3. Leverage the fast paced technology to distinguish from competitors
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Parker-Hannifin are as mentioned:
1. Increasing raw material cost 2. Increasing bargaining power of supplier 3. Lack of skilled labor
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Parker-Hannifin:
The engineering in our products may not be visible, but every day you experience the results of our work on virtually everything that moves
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Parker-Hannifin. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute