Pratt & Whitney SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Pratt & Whitney, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
Pratt & Whitney is one of the leading brands in the heavy equipment & engineering sector. The article below lists the Pratt & Whitney SWOT and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
For Pratt & Whitney, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Pratt & Whitney looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in starting SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Pratt & Whitney :
1. It is the top three provider in the aero engines market.
2. Customers include Boeing and Airbus
3. It is a part of United Technologies which is a deep pocketed conglomerate.
4. Hundreds of airlines are powered by its engines.
5. It is known for its world renowned manufacturing techniques and services.
6. Pratt & Whitney Canada is the leading producer in the world for helicopter engines and engines for private jets.
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Pratt & Whitney SWOT Analysis:
1.Manufacturers in the aero engines business work together in joint ventures and hence it is difficult to compete and differentiate in the market
2. The cost of developing a new engine is very high at around $1 billion.
3. The markets are very limited in size with high competition.
4. . Its old aircraft engines provided to the military require a lot of regular servicing, maintenance and spare parts.
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Pratt & Whitney SWOT Analysis:
1.High demand for passenger jets with engines being one third of the value of a new jet.
2. Expenditure on enhancing the military is at an all time high.
3. Launch of more efficient engines and technologically advanced engines can provide an edge over its competitors.
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Pratt & Whitney are as mentioned:
1. List of competitors include established companies like GE and Rolls- Royce which have pushed Pratt and Whitney to a third position in the market.
2. Very high cost of manufacturing.
3. High competition pushes down the revenues.
Read Similar SWOT analysis
Hence this concludes the Pratt & Whitney SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|Pratt & Whitney Overview|
United Technologies Corporation
Commercial engines, Military engines and service operations
It’s in our power.
Its power engines serve more than 11,000 customers around the world.
|Pratt & Whitney STP|
Commercial, military aircraft engine requirements and services
Passenger aircraft manufacturers and armed forces
Positioned as the world leader in the design, production and servicing of aircraft engines
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Pratt & Whitney. This section covers SWOT Analysis along with Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us