Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Paccar analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Paccar SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Paccar to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Paccar is one of the leading brands in the heavy equipment & engineering sector.
The table below lists the Paccar SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Paccar competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Third largest manufacturer of Heavy Duty trucks in the world
People and businesses who want premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks for Commercial use
Those who want technologically advanced systems to enhance inventory control and expedite order processing
Complete solutions for heavy duty trucks in commercial use
SWOT Analysis of Paccar
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Paccar:
1. Extensive dealer network throughout the world (1800 dealers) 2. Geographic diversification, Brazil, India, China, and Russia are some of the markets the company has recently invested in 3. Strong aftermarket support with 24hr call centers
4. Also provides services in finance, lease and insurance to dealers and customers
5. Acquisition of DAF and Leyland trucks strengthened its position globally
6. Brand name- Top-selling brands Kenworth and Peterbilt were awarded for customer satisfaction by global research company J.D. Power and Associates last year
7. The company has over 17,000 employees
Here are the weaknesses in the Paccar SWOT Analysis:
1. High debt level over the years does not allow for capital expenditure 2. The recession highly affected the sales in U.S. which led to 40% drop in total revenue
Following are the Opportunities in Paccar SWOT Analysis:
1. Demand in developing countries where it is established through acquired brands 2. The South American truck market is going to provide an excellent long-term opportunity in the premium segment
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Paccar are as mentioned:
1. Because of the cyclic nature of the industry (heavy trucks), tough economic times lead to bad performance in the stock market 2. Impending crisis in Europe remains a big concern. If the situation worsens, the top line could take a substantial hit
3. Slowdown in international markets (like concerns about China currently making the rounds) could weigh on the revenue and growth plans
Below are the top 3 competitors of Paccar:
1. Daimler AG 2. AB Volvo 3. Navistar International
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Paccar. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute