Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of AGCO analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In AGCO SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like AGCO to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. AGCO is one of the leading brands in the heavy equipment & engineering sector.
The article below lists the AGCO SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the AGCO SWOT Analysis:
For AGCO, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of AGCO looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of AGCO :
1. Has a wide range of products for every agricultural need 2. Has many brands which are recognized around the entire globe and have a huge brand recall value like ‘Challenger’ 3. Has 2,600 independent dealers and distributors in more than 140 countries worldwide ensuring a global footprint
4. High product quality and strong product portfolio
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the AGCO SWOT Analysis:
1. Performance of some of its brands over their entire product life cycle is lesser than industry leaders 2. The current economic crisis in the U.S. weakened its financial position has affected operational efficiency
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in AGCO SWOT Analysis:
1. Growing agricultural activities in the developing countries 2. Has invested a lot in Africa which might start yielding results soon
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of AGCO are as mentioned:
1. The top line of the company might get affected severely if the Eurozone crisis worsens 2. Stiff competition from counterparts like Mahindra in developing countries
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 2 competitors of AGCO:
Leading global manufacturer of agricultural equipment which adds value to any farm business
People and businesses who want full line of tractors, combines, hay tools, sprayers, forage and tillage equipment
People or Business , industries, farming organizations
Promoting sustainability through their products’ value cycle
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to AGCO. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute