Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Ingersoll-Rand analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Ingersoll-Rand SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Ingersoll-Rand to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Ingersoll-Rand is one of the leading brands in the heavy equipment & engineering sector.
The table below lists the Ingersoll-Rand SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Ingersoll-Rand competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
With the help of a 100-year-old tradition of technological innovation, to enable companies and their customers to create progress
People and businesses who want products and services in Air Solutions
Tools, Material Handling, Golf Car, Utility Vehicles etc
People or Business expecting products and solutions to create a positive impact in their world
To provide products, services and solutions that enhance customers' energy efficiency, productivity and operations
SWOT Analysis of Ingersoll-Rand
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Ingersoll-Rand:
1. Highly diversified company with products for every production need 2. Geographic diversification, Presence in many developing countries 3. Also diversified into industrial machinery and vehicles, logistics, electronics and other solutions-based operations
4. Wide product portfolio and good presence in major European countries
Here are the weaknesses in the Ingersoll-Rand SWOT Analysis:
1. The brand has limited penetration globally and limited recall 2. Performance of some of its subsidiaries has led to weakening cash flows which is a concern
Following are the Opportunities in Ingersoll-Rand SWOT Analysis:
1. Entering to club car and utility vehicle business could boost its sales 2. Growing residential sector in Asia
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Ingersoll-Rand are as mentioned:
1. Huge investments with higher payback periods made currently which could weaken its financial structure 2. Huge competition from other western firms like Caterpillar, JCB etc
Below are the top 3 competitors of Ingersoll-Rand:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Ingersoll-Rand. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute