Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Coal India Ltd analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Coal India Ltd SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Coal India Ltd to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Coal India Ltd is one of the leading brands in the heavy equipment & engineering sector.
The table below lists the Coal India Ltd SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Coal India Ltd competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Largest company in the world in terms of coal production
Coal India Ltd STP
Coal and mining company in India
Firms across globe , cost conscious state and privately owned energy sector
Low cost coal producer
SWOT Analysis of Coal India Ltd
Coal India Ltd Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Coal India Ltd:
1. CIL owns the world's largest recoverable coal reserves at more than 22bnt 2. Tie ups with shipping Corporation of India enables CIL to tap into the expertise of an experienced shipper while avoiding the vagaries of the spot market. 3. Strategic overseas venture secures its future position and energy requirements 4. Strong employee base with over 350,000 people in the organisation
5. Strong backing by the govt of India
6. The CIL is also recognized as a Maharatna Company in India
7. Excellent advertising and marketing in B2B as well as TVCs, print and online media
Coal India Ltd Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Coal India Ltd SWOT Analysis:
1. State control reduces CIL's flexibility in responding to changes in the market. 2. Inefficient production from the company's coal blocks is causing supply problems in India's power sector. 3. Bound to supply domestic customers even at subsidized rates
Coal India Ltd Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Coal India Ltd SWOT Analysis:
1. Major role to play in India’s aspiration regarding being energy sufficient country 2. Relatively low cost of production and large labor pool gives the opportunity to expand operations and efficiency
3. Efficiency in management and PPPs can boost company performance
Coal India Ltd Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Coal India Ltd are as mentioned:
1. Project delays due to environmental and land issues pose threat to companies sustained future supplies 2. Policy uncertainty continues to be an issue. There is still a lack of clarity in the 26% profit sharing clause included in the mining bill 3. Foreign investment in mining sector
Coal India Ltd Competition
Coal India Ltd Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of Coal India Ltd:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Coal India Ltd. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute