Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Asian Paints analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Asian Paints SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Asian Paints to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Asian Paints is one of the leading brands in the industrial products and chemicals sector.
The table below lists the Asian Paints SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Asian Paints competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Merawala blue; Har ghar kuch kehta hai ki ;Ask Aparna
India’s biggest brand with widest reach.
Asian Paints STP
Caters to all segments with brand Royale aimed at premium segment and rest at mass market.
Home-owners, industries-hotels, education, healthcare, agro & manufacturing equipment and automobile etc. infrastructure, govt. buildings
A complete array of products to cater to everyone.
SWOT Analysis of Asian Paints
Asian Paints Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Asian Paints:
1. The largest paint company in India and third largest company in Asia
2. They have over 50% of market share and are clear leaders decorative paints and are strong competitors to Kansai Nerolac Paints to be leaders in Industrial paints and coatings.
3. They operate in 17 countries and have 24 manufacturing facilities providing service to 65 countries all over the world.
4. Asian paints has strong international presence with its four 4 subsidiaries; Berger International Limited, Apco Coatings, SCIB Paints and Taubmans. 5. Most renowned brand in Indian Paint Industry & its strong customer focus and innovative-spirit has made it market leader since 1968. 6. Superior technologies deployed to achieve maintain the competitive edge for eg. Supply chain management system that integrates plants, regional distribution centers, outside processing centers etc. hence they have strongest supply chain system with
7. They have maintained their brand name and increased awareness by unique ways of advertising and roping in celebrities like Saif Ali Khan.
8. The company has strong financials.
Asian Paints Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Asian Paints SWOT Analysis:
1. Limited market share in industrial paints segment with Kansai Nerolac and Akzonobel giving stiff competition. 2.In decorative paints Industry Customer tastes and perceptions change very fast and products may become obsolete with change in trends, hence production planning and inventory problem.
Asian Paints Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Asian Paints SWOT Analysis:
1. Big an international standard paint company it should look for more opportunities abroad 2. There is a good scope for growth especially in industrial paints category 3. Needs to have more focus on Automobile industry in industrial paints segment
4. Competitors are going for Hi-tech process and Asian paints with good financial and intellectual capital can go for hi-tech.
Asian Paints Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Asian Paints are as mentioned:
1. Growth prone to slowdown effects 2.Stringent Government rules and regulations regarding the quality of products and manufacturing facilities as Environment policies are given more emphasis 3.Raw material scarcity and volatlility in prices.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Asian Paints. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute