Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Sherwin-Williams analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Sherwin-Williams SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Sherwin-Williams to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Sherwin-Williams is one of the leading brands in the industrial products and chemicals sector.
The table below lists the Sherwin-Williams SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Sherwin-Williams competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Sherwin-Williams provides innovative solutions that ensure your coatings for varying surfaces
Professional, commercial, industrial and retail customers
Home-owners & institutions (repaint & new), architectures and designers; aerospace, automotive and marine; heavy machinery, military, electronic industry
We are the providers of most innovative solutions for coating any surface
SWOT Analysis of Sherwin-Williams
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Sherwin-Williams:
1. Company has global presence with its products doing business in North America, South America, Caribbean, Europe and Asia 2. They have developed excellent distribution system especially in North America and South America. 3. They offer wide variety of products which serve large array of industries.
4. They are known for continuous innovation which helps them in launching new products frequently in the market. 5. It has diversified customer base.
6. It has taken many initiatives to go green and reduce the footprint.
7. It develops and operates on best technologies.
8. It has developed a perception of being a quality and trusted brand in the minds of customers.
Here are the weaknesses in the Sherwin-Williams SWOT Analysis:
1. Not many joint ventures with small and big companies in other countries to increase its presence
2.In decorative paints Industry Customer tastes and perceptions change very fast and products may become obsolete with change in trends, hence production planning and inventory problem
Following are the Opportunities in Sherwin-Williams SWOT Analysis:
1. Growth potential in emerging economies is very high and joint ventures may be a good way to enter their markets. 2. Creating more eco-friendly products as it would be the demand of tomorrow. 3. Company should leverage on its strong R&D to come out with new innovative products.
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Sherwin-Williams are as mentioned:
1.Economic meltdown like the one Europe is facing now 2. Stringent Government rules and regulations regarding the quality of products, manufacturing facilities-outputs and wastes owing to the adverse impact on environment. 3. Scarcity of raw materials and volatility in their prices.
4. Currency fluctuations in the countries in which the company operates.
5. It faces tough competition from other American and international brands
Below are the top 6 competitors of Sherwin-Williams:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Sherwin-Williams. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute