Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Black & Decker analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Black & Decker SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Black & Decker to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Black & Decker is one of the leading brands in the industrial products and chemicals sector.
The table below lists the Black & Decker SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Black & Decker competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
World’s largest producer of power tools and power tools accessories
Black & Decker STP
Construction and do-it-yourself (CDIY), Industrial and Security
Large business to small consumers
Building world-class franchises with sustainable strategic
SWOT Analysis of Black & Decker
Black & Decker Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Black & Decker:
1. A strong brand name for industrial tools which has helped it in improving sales and revenues
2. Diversified business operations with presence in almost all types’ industrial equipment, power tools, hand tools, engineered fastening systems and related accessories 3. A wide range of product portfolio providing tools and solutions that make life easier 4. High emphasis on sustainability have driven revenue and operating income
5. The strategic acquisition of Jiangsu Guoqiang Tools (GQ) has given it a presence in mid-price point power tools in China for Asian and Southeast Asian markets expansion
6. A slowdown in GDP growth rates in various emerging markets around the world and the currency volatility, has not affected Black & Decker brand which has been growing organically at above-market
7. Over 25,000+ employees are a part of the organization
Black & Decker Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Black & Decker SWOT Analysis:
1. High dependence on US market for revenues 2. Very high unfunded pension obligations which has led to degradation of credit ratings by agencies
Black & Decker Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Black & Decker SWOT Analysis:
1. Potential to grow in markets outside US especially emerging markets 2. Growth potential of consumer electronic market 3. Acquisitions to expand into new product lines
Black & Decker Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Black & Decker are as mentioned:
1. Growth of players in Professional power tool segment is a big threat since it has been unable to penetrate this market 2. Stringent environmental rules could hamper growth in the industrial equipment segment
Black & Decker Competition
Black & Decker Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of Black & Decker:
1. Danaher Corporation 2. Ingersoll-Rand Company 3. Snap-On Incorporated
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Black & Decker. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute