Eastman Chemical Company SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Eastman Chemical Company, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Eastman Chemical Company to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Eastman Chemical Company is one of the leading brands in the industrial products and chemicals sector.
The article below lists the Eastman Chemical Company SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Eastman Chemical Company SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Eastman Chemical Company, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Eastman Chemical Company looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Eastman Chemical Company :
1. Fortune 500 company with employee strength of more than 10,000 spread across diverse markets
2. Consistently increasing sales
3. It’s a Responsible Care Company, with voluntary efforts to increase health, industrial and environmental safety
4. Received the Presidential Green Chemistry Challenge Award for extensive developments in the field of green chemistry and technology
5. Has a strong portfolio of chemicals, fibers and plastics
6. 11 manufacturing facilities in countries
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Eastman Chemical Company SWOT Analysis:
1. Center for Public Integrity has filed petitions for the ban of several plastic products
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Eastman Chemical Company SWOT Analysis:
1. Acquisitions is an important step in terms of growth strategy for providing Eastman with stronger profits and larger markets in performance materials
2. Other strategic acquisitions such as Dynaloy’s material science division and Sterling Chemicals have put Eastman on top gear in terms of market connect and technological advancement
3. More penetration and tie-ups in the global emerging economies
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Eastman Chemical Company are as mentioned:
1. Environmental regulatory bodies have banned several products of Eastman in a bid to reduce environmental degradations
2. Labor laws and public rescue bodies have added to the woes of the company’s production facilities
3. Substitutes and emergence of new alternatives for the products is reducing demand
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Eastman Chemical Company:
1. BASF SE
2. Celanese Corp.
3. Exxon Mobil
Hence this concludes the Eastman Chemical Company SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|Eastman Chemical Company Overview|
Eastman Chemical Company
The results of insight
Fortune 500 company with diverse markets in all 7 continents
|Eastman Chemical Company STP|
Customers and businesses looking to enhance their product features and quality across the world
Customers in the manufacture of industrial products using specialized fibers and plastics
The everyday ingredient partner for numerous industrial products.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Eastman Chemical Company. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us