Givaudan SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Givaudan, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Givaudan to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Givaudan is one of the leading brands in the industrial products and chemicals sector.
The article below lists the Givaudan SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Givaudan SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Givaudan, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Givaudan looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Givaudan :
1. Holds a huge market share in the fragrance & flavor industry
2. Very strong financial performance and strong position
3. Strong R&D capabilities with constantly increasing investments
4. It has a wide presence in more than 45 countries with a workforce of around 9,000 employees
5. One of the biggest players in the industry across the world
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Givaudan SWOT Analysis:
1.There have been several lawsuits and litigations filed against the company due to air pollution issues
2.There have been a few cases of explosions and spills at the company’s Seveso facility
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Givaudan SWOT Analysis:
1. Emerging economies like India and China are creating vast demand for perfumes and fragrances with a large population having disposable incomes
2. The economic downturn has subsided for the time being with foreign trade practices gaining momentum leading to more demand for premium products
3. Strategic acquisitions of Quest International and the flavors division of Nestle, FIS have granted the mantle of global leadership to Givaudan in the fine fragrances and consumer products industry
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Givaudan are as mentioned:
1. Consumers are becoming more aware and hence, their preferences are changing constantly due to which the company’s products are becoming a passing fad
2. There have been several market followers who have come up with counterfeits for the company’s products
3. Competition from other major players
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Givaudan:
3. International Flavors and Fragrances Inc
Hence this concludes the Givaudan SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
Fragrances & flavors
Engaging The Senses.
Market leader in the flavor and fragrance industry
Businesses & customers in the luxury segment looking for premium and high quality products
Businesses and customers in the F&B, FMCG and perfume & fragrance production
Global leader in the fragrance & flavor industry.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Givaudan. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us