United Phosphorus SWOT Analysis, Competitors & USP
Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of United Phosphorus analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In United Phosphorus SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like United Phosphorus to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. United Phosphorus is one of the leading brands in the industrial products and chemicals sector.
The article below lists the United Phosphorus SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top United Phosphorus competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Largest manufacturer of agrochemicals in India. It is also ranked amongst the top 5 post patent agrochemical companies of the world.
United Phosphorus STP
Customers who demand top quality products with lifelong service and value.
Farmers directly engaged in agricultural output of the target markets.
A global generic crop protection, chemicals and seeds company.
SWOT Analysis of United Phosphorus
For United Phosphorus, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position. Let us start the United Phosphorus SWOT Analysis:
United Phosphorus Strengths
The strengths of United Phosphorus looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of United Phosphorus :
1. Operates through 23 manufacturing sites across the world with world class technology and quality control facilities to aid in the production of red phosphorus. 2. Year-on-year growth of revenue 3. Customer base in more than 123 countries and operations in every continent speak volumes of the company’s strong network and market reach. 4. Strong applied R&D capabilities in every continent they operate in. 5. The Company offers a range of goods that includes insecticides, fungicides, fumigants, herbicides and rodenticides
United Phosphorus Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the United Phosphorus SWOT Analysis:
1. The company has been unable to pass on the benefits of costs to the end-users due to fluctuations in the raw material prices. 2. Seasonal agricultural demand is affecting revenue growth and cash flows
United Phosphorus Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in United Phosphorus SWOT Analysis:
1. Emerging economies in South America and China are proving to be a great prospect for revenue growth and expansion. 2. Innovative technologies in agricultural sector are aiding the company’s R&D efforts as it brings out newer methods and scenarios of fertilizer products. 3. Seed development has received a big boost due to WTO and UN approvals across the world.
United Phosphorus Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of United Phosphorus are as mentioned:
1. Genetically Modified (GM) crops are a threat to the fertilizer companies due to their adaptability and long shelf-life. 2. Environmental agencies keep scrutinizing the company’s manufacturing processes on a monthly basis. 3. Competitors are working equally close with customers to provide long lasting solutions.
United Phosphorus Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of United Phosphorus:
1. Dai Ichi Karkaria Ltd. 2. Ciba India Ltd. 3. Doctors Biotech India Ltd.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to United Phosphorus. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute