Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Pidilite Industries analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Pidilite Industries SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Pidilite Industries to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Pidilite Industries is one of the leading brands in the industrial products and chemicals sector.
The table below lists the Pidilite Industries SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Pidilite Industries competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
The above mentioned brands are the prominent products under the Pidilite Industries product portfolio.
SWOT Analysis of Pidilite Industries
Pidilite Industries Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Pidilite Industries:
1. The advertising and marketing of Pidilite has been very strong, especially the Fevicol ads have become a viral hit among the masses. 2. The name Fevicol has become synonymous with adhesives and has almost become a generic for anything that sticks. This also has helped other brands of Pidilite such as Fevistik, Fevikwik, etc. in their sales. 3. Fevicol and M-seal alone account for more than 50% of the total revenue of Pidilite, which eases the pressure on the sales of other brands and businesses. 4. Brand recall and value are extremely strong for Pidilite and have become the star attraction for many television commercials.
5. Fevicol ads have also won accolades and awards at major advertising award festivals and shows.
6. Strong R&D center to cater to the growing need for innovative products and services.
Pidilite Industries Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Pidilite Industries SWOT Analysis:
1.Acquisition of the Cyclo brand of car care products is a weak factor as India exhibits a very fragmented market for the same with very little customer loyalty. 2. Revenue generation is over dependent on Fevicol and M-seal which results in reduced investments on other brands and businesses.
Pidilite Industries Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Pidilite Industries SWOT Analysis:
1.Pidilite organizes many creative competitions for students and young scholars, such as the 'International Creative Contest' where approx. 800,000 students from 3000 schools participate.It also helps in promoting the brand very well.
2. The chemical industry in the world in growing very strongly and focus on emerging economies in other parts of the world such as Brazil, South Africa, China, Singapore, Thailand and East Africa is a great opportunity to establish stronghold in the international market.
Pidilite Industries Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Pidilite Industries are as mentioned:
1. The manufacturing cost of Pidilite’s products is largely dependent on crude oil and petroleum prices which are fluctuating by the minute. 2. Competitors are equally hard pressed on delivering innovative products and services.
Pidilite Industries Competition
Pidilite Industries Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of Pidilite Industries:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Pidilite Industries. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute