Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Severstal analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Severstal SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Severstal to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Severstal is one of the leading brands in the industrial products and chemicals sector.
The table below lists the Severstal SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Severstal competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Provides high value added flat steel products and produces 17% of total crude production in Russia
Steel, rolled products, metal ware products
Automotive and white goods industries, for production of large welded pipes, ship building, construction, major works and boilers
A leading Russian steel producer
SWOT Analysis of Severstal
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Severstal:
1. Rail access not only to its mining supplies, but also to Russian customers and Baltic Sea ports
2. Raw materials self-sufficiency
3. A broad product mix
4. An extensive distribution network secure our competitive advantage
5. Employs over 50,000 people
6. Increasing financial performance
Here are the weaknesses in the Severstal SWOT Analysis:
1. High debt levels amid week steel markets
2. Market share growth in sector less
3. Limited liquidity position
Following are the Opportunities in Severstal SWOT Analysis:
1. Expansion of resource base
2. Expansion in emerging countries
3. Investment in infrastructure expansion
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Severstal are as mentioned:
1. Stringent government regulation
2. Consolidation in the Russian steel industry
3. Threat from substitute
4. Rapid technology changes in steel production
Below are the top 3 competitors of Severstal:
1. AK Steel holding corporation 2. Acerinox, S. A. 3. ArcelorMittal
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Severstal. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute