Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of US Steel analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In US Steel SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like US Steel to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. US Steel is one of the leading brands in the industrial products and chemicals sector.
The table below lists the US Steel SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top US Steel competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
One of the World’s largest steel producer & manufactures a wide range of value-added steel sheet and tubular products
US Steel STP
Flat-rolled Products (Flat-rolled), U. S. Steel Europe (USSE)
and Tubular Products (Tubular)
Automotive, appliance, container, industrial machinery, construction, and oil and gas industries
Setting world-class standards in everything it does
SWOT Analysis of US Steel
US Steel Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of US Steel:
1. Market leader in US with a workforce of over 45,000
2. Operations are efficient and high tech
3. A leader in both process and product technology
4. Annual raw steelmaking capability of nearly 30 million net tons
5. The company’s customer focus is intense
US Steel Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the US Steel SWOT Analysis:
1. U. S. Steel and its end-product markets continue to be impacted by challenging economic conditions
2. Increased imports of steel products into North America shows inability to cater to demand
US Steel Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in US Steel SWOT Analysis:
1. Exploit opportunities related to the availability of reasonably priced natural gas as an alternative to coke in the iron reduction process to improve cost competitiveness
2. The increased and ongoing development of shale resources presents an opportunity to increase tubular product sales
3. The completion of the ERP project will provide opportunities to streamline, standardize and centralize business processes in order to maximize cost effectiveness, efficiency and control across global operations
US Steel Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of US Steel are as mentioned:
1. U. S. Steel may face increased risks of customer and supplier defaults
2. Rapidly growing supply in China may result in additional excess worldwide capacity and falling steel prices
3. Steel consumption is highly cyclical which may have an adverse effect on profitability and cash flow
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to US Steel. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute