Jindal Steel and Power SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Jindal Steel and Power, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Jindal Steel and Power to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Jindal Steel and Power is one of the leading brands in the industrial products and chemicals sector.
The article below lists the Jindal Steel and Power SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Jindal Steel and Power SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Jindal Steel and Power, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Jindal Steel and Power looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Jindal Steel and Power :
1. Produces economical and efficient steel and power through backward and forward integration
2. Sports a product portfolio that caters to varied needs in the steel market
3. Operates the largest coal - based sponge iron plant in the world
4. Has force of innovation, adaptation of new technologies and the collective skills of its 15,000 strong, committed workforce
5. Has an enterprising spirit and the ability to discern future trends
6. Has operations in Steel, iron, electricity generation and distribution
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Jindal Steel and Power SWOT Analysis:
1. Shortage of coking coal and is largely dependent upon its import
2. Weak performance on the back of the higher raw material cost and the power & fuel cost
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Jindal Steel and Power SWOT Analysis:
1. Venture into new businesses by leveraging its core capabilities
2. Increase production capacity to meet the global steel demand
3. Diversify investments to distribute risk in business
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Jindal Steel and Power are as mentioned:
1. Hike in the export duty on iron ore fines and lumps
2. Project implementation and raw material security
3. Issues related to land acquisition, raw material linkages and environmental clearances
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Jindal Steel and Power:
1. TATA Steel
3. Essar group
Hence this concludes the Jindal Steel and Power SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|Jindal Steel and Power Overview|
O. P. Jindal Group
Iron & Steel
Excellence through shared value
Produces the world's longest 121 metre rails and large size parallel flange beams for the first time in India
|Jindal Steel and Power STP|
Mining, Power Generation and Infrastructure, Ferro chrome, Silico manganese, Sponge iron, Petroleum, Cement
Construction, oil & gas, transportation, refining, telecom, ship building, power, automobiles, capital goods, consumer durables and infrastructure sector
One of the most prestigious and dynamic business groups in the World
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Jindal Steel and Power. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us