Fortescue Metal Group SWOT Analysis, Competitors & USP
Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Fortescue Metal Group analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Fortescue Metal Group SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Fortescue Metal Group to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Fortescue Metal Group is one of the leading brands in the industrial products and chemicals sector.
The table below lists the Fortescue Metal Group SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Fortescue Metal Group competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Fortescue Metal Group SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning, USP & Brand Analysis Table
The safest, lowest cost and most profitable iron ore producer
SWOT Analysis of Fortescue Metal Group
Fortescue Metal Group Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Fortescue Metal Group:
1. A tenement land holding spread across the length and breadth of the resource rich Pilbara region of Western Australia
2. A close proximity to the world’s major growth markets of China and Asia
3. World's largest producers and sea-borne traders of iron ore
4. Export has increased rapidly over the years reaching over 40 Million tonnes
5. Good fund raising ability by issuance of different financial instruments
Fortescue Metal Group Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Fortescue Metal Group SWOT Analysis:
1. Dropping of plans due to fluctuations & weaknesses in credit market conditions
2. Chinese steel mills have begun cutting production as record stockpiles continue to build, signaling further weakness for iron ore prices
Fortescue Metal Group Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Fortescue Metal Group SWOT Analysis:
1. Expansion to increase capacity to 155mtpa will improve exports & market share
2. China’s import of iron ore will climb to 1 billion tonnes
3. Newer markets globally through expansion
Fortescue Metal Group Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Fortescue Metal Group are as mentioned:
1. Existing competitors makes the competition stiffer
2. Challenging environmental sensitivities
3. Wet weather impacts production in pilbara
Fortescue Metal Group Competition
Fortescue Metal Group Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of Fortescue Metal Group:
1. BHP Billiton LTD 2. Rio Tinto Ltd
3. International Ferro Metals Ltd
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Fortescue Metal Group. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute