JSW Steel SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of JSW Steel, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like JSW Steel to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. JSW Steel is one of the leading brands in the industrial products and chemicals sector.
The article below lists the JSW Steel SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the JSW Steel SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For JSW Steel, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of JSW Steel looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of JSW Steel :
1. India’s third largest steelmaker with a combined capacity of 14+ MTPA hence enjoys economies of scale
2. High growth prospects with a consistently increasing revenue and strong financial position
3. One of the lowest cost steel producers in the world
4. First steel producer in the world to use Corex Technology for producing hot metals
5. Operates in both upstream as well as downstream sectors
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the JSW Steel SWOT Analysis:
1. Limited portfolio diversification compared to industry leaders
2. Less number of mines under its hood affects availability of raw materials
3. Capacity utilization is not cent percent
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in JSW Steel SWOT Analysis:
1. Increase in demand from all sectors in Indian & Global world
2. Mergers & Acquisition to keep steady supply of raw materials
3. Product development by investing more in R&D
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of JSW Steel are as mentioned:
1. Cyclical nature of steel industry needs to have efficient process of production
2. Competition from existing and foreign players
3. Government and environment regulations
4. Changes in the prices of raw materials & end products
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of JSW Steel:
1. TATA Steel
Hence this concludes the JSW Steel SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|JSW Steel Overview|
Iron & Steel
The largest private sector steel manufacturer in terms of installed capacity
|JSW Steel STP|
Steel, flat steel products, long steel products, wire products, plates
Infrastructure, Oil industry, automobile and construction sectors
One of the key and strategic steel producer in the country catering to almost all segments with range of steel products
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to JSW Steel. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us