Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Royal DSM analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Royal DSM SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Royal DSM to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Royal DSM is one of the leading brands in the industrial products and chemicals sector.
The article below lists the Royal DSM SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Royal DSM SWOT Analysis:
For Royal DSM, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Royal DSM Strengths
The strengths of Royal DSM looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Royal DSM :
1. High customer orientation by providing provides custom chemical manufacturing services for complex registered intermediates and active pharmaceutical ingredients 2. Well-established global presence through presence in Europe, Asia, the Americas and other part of world 3. Wide product portfolio of specialty chemicals catering to nutrition, materials and health sectors 4. Strengthened the business through various inorganic ventures
5. Nearly 23000 people employed with the company
6. Portfolio includes paints, pharma, medical supplies etc
Royal DSM Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Royal DSM SWOT Analysis:
1. Extensive dependency on the developed market exposes the business to dependency risks 2. Huge market share from specific geographies also weakens the stability of the business at times of catastrophes 3. Reputation tampered by the price fixing claim against the company
Royal DSM Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Royal DSM SWOT Analysis:
1. Acquisitions can help in strengthening the brand in nutrition segment 2. Competency in photovoltaic cells manufacturing can be leveraged to meet surging demand 3. Expanding into Russia will provide greater growth opportunity
Royal DSM Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Royal DSM are as mentioned:
1. Stiff competition reduces the profit margin of the products 2. Decrease trend in revenue of the organization owing to the turbulent economic condition 3. REACH regulation could put pressure on the company's profitability
Royal DSM Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 5 competitors of Royal DSM:
Custom contract manufacturing and development services
Royal DSM STP
Nutrition, performance materials, polymer intermediates, pharma, and innovation center
Human and animal nutrition and health, personal care, pharmaceuticals and automotive
Value adding product manufacturers
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Royal DSM. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute