Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Solvay analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Solvay SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Solvay to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Solvay is one of the leading brands in the industrial products and chemicals sector.
The table below lists the Solvay SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Solvay competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Special chemicals, Vinyls and high performance engineering polymers, Energy, Electronics, Agrochemicals, Food & Feed, Healthcare & Performance Materials
A leading global chemical industrial group manufactures
SWOT Analysis of Solvay
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Solvay:
1. Global footprints in in several countries in Europe, the America 2. The group's wide product portfolio catering to diverse markets protects it from demand fluctuations in specific product categories 3. Strong workforce support of 29,000 employees catering to a huge customer base 4. Position in specialty chemical industry strengthened by the Acquisition of Rhodia
5. Global presence in over 55 countries
Here are the weaknesses in the Solvay SWOT Analysis:
1. Company image dented by the anti allegations acquisition 2. Significant level of indebtedness could limit the group's financial flexibility 3. Joint civil lawsuits affect the companies reputation
Following are the Opportunities in Solvay SWOT Analysis:
1. Increasing capacity in France to cater to huge customer segment 2. Steeply growing Asian market offers great arena for growth 3. Epichlorohydrin market is expected to grow on an annual basis and would represent substantial of total world demand
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Solvay are as mentioned:
1. Market share threatened by the intense competition in the industry 2. Volatile exchange rates may have negative impact on the group's financial results 3. Threat of chemical industry manufacturing process affects the company
Below are the top 6 competitors of Solvay:
1. Akzo Nobel N.V.
2. BASF SE
3. Dow Chemical Company
4. FMC Corporation
5. Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corporation
6. Westlake Chemical Corporation
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Solvay. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute