Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Huntsman Corporation analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Huntsman Corporation SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Huntsman Corporation to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Huntsman Corporation is one of the leading brands in the industrial products and chemicals sector.
The article below lists the Huntsman Corporation SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Huntsman Corporation SWOT Analysis:
For Huntsman Corporation, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Huntsman Corporation Strengths
The strengths of Huntsman Corporation looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Huntsman Corporation :
1. Huntsman has strong global presence, it operates more than 75 manufacturing and R&D facilities in over 30 countries
2. Huntsman is well prepared for REACH and its objectives of ensuring adequate protection of human health and the environment
3. The company has consistently shown improving operational profit despite of the fluctuating economic condition
4. It employs around 12,000 people across various business locations
5. It has 5 divisions like advanced chemicals, pigments etc
Huntsman Corporation Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Huntsman Corporation SWOT Analysis:
1. The company had a massive drop in year-over-year net profit on a flattish top line
2. TiO2 industry suffers from high inventory, which has put tremendous pressure on pigment prices
3. Textile effects and advance materials segments have been performing badly
Huntsman Corporation Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Huntsman Corporation SWOT Analysis:
1. The New High-Performance Epoxy Products for Aerospace would help in extending the business towards aerospace requirements
2. Sustainable textiles with waterless dyeing from Huntsman is the new technology for the sustainable development of textile industry
3. Performance chemicals operates performance products manufacturing facilities in North America, Europe, Middle East, India, Asia and Australia which can be used to improve global market cap
Huntsman Corporation Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Huntsman Corporation are as mentioned:
1. Over dependence on Polyurethane business can affect the company in fluctuating demand cycles
2. Higher dependence on JV can lead to risk at time of dissolving of JV
3. Chemical industry is threatened by low supply and higher demand of the raw materials
Huntsman Corporation Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 4 competitors of Huntsman Corporation:
1. Air Products and Chemicals, Inc.
2. Akzo Nobel N.V.
3. Bayer AG
4. Tosoh Corporation
Hence this concludes the Huntsman Corporation SWOT analysis.
Polyurethanes, advanced materials, textile effects, performance products and pigments
Chemicals, plastics, automotive, aviation, textiles, footwear, paints and coatings, construction, technology, agriculture, health care, detergent, personal care, furniture, appliances and packaging
High performance industrial solution provider
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Huntsman Corporation. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute