Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Activision Blizzard analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Activision Blizzard SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Activision Blizzard to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Activision Blizzard is one of the leading brands in the IT & Technology sector.
The article below lists the Activision Blizzard SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Activision Blizzard SWOT Analysis:
For Activision Blizzard, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Activision Blizzard Strengths
The strengths of Activision Blizzard looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Activision Blizzard :
1. Global Presence with close to 7000 employees 2. Strong presence in online gaming
3. Investments in developing new intellectual properties 4. Gaming products for all gaming platforms
5. Strong brands in modern warfare games
6. Activision is one of the most popular gaming brands with a strong recall
7. Recognized as one of the best companies to work for and won several awards
8. Excellent advertising when games are launched worldwide means strong visibility
Activision Blizzard Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Activision Blizzard SWOT Analysis:
1. Controversies like patent infringements hurt the brand
2. Intense competition means limited margins
Activision Blizzard Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Activision Blizzard SWOT Analysis:
1. Fast growing online gaming segment
2. Expansion into gaming consoles market 3. Mobile gaming
4. Increase in use of interactive peripheral based games
Activision Blizzard Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Activision Blizzard are as mentioned:
1. Piracy 2. Third-party developers lead to threat to competitive advantage 3. Advent of low-graphics low-technology mobile games taking away subscriber base
4. Failure of high-cost game titles
Activision Blizzard Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Activision Blizzard:
Strong subsidiaries like Activision, Blizzard Entertainment, Sierra Entertainment
Activision Blizzard STP
Kids and young adults
High-end graphics products
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Activision Blizzard. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute