Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Priceline analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Priceline SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Priceline to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Priceline is one of the leading brands in the IT & Technology sector.
The table below lists the Priceline SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Priceline competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Priceline:
1. High growth rate since its inception
2. Economies of scale
3. Pioneer company in travel bookings and discounts for travelers in US
3. Robust customer loyalty program
4. Support of other portals under priceline group like kayak.com, booking.com, agoda.com leads to domain expertise
5. Popular services and good user experience make it a popular brand
Here are the weaknesses in the Priceline SWOT Analysis:
1. Low entry barriers to new players 2. High concentration of operations in the US and high reliance upon intermediaries and travel suppliers
Following are the Opportunities in Priceline SWOT Analysis:
1. International expansion offers huge opportunities of growth 2. Acquisitions in foreign market will help expand rapidly 3. Partnerships and strategic alliances across the globe can prove to be a profitable alternative
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Priceline are as mentioned:
1. Intense competition in travel booking industry 2. Uncertain global economic conditions
Below are the top 3 competitors of Priceline:
1. Expedia Inc. 2. Orbitz worldwide Inc 3. Travelocity.com
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Priceline. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute