Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Cognizant analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Cognizant SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Cognizant to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Cognizant is one of the leading brands in the IT & Technology sector.
The table below lists the Cognizant SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Cognizant competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
One of the most admire IT service company in the world
Financial services; healthcare; manufacturing, retail, and logistics; and other
Companies requiring IT expertise
Complete IT solution for companies
SWOT Analysis of Cognizant
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Cognizant:
1. Strong capabilities in financial services and healthcare domains 2. Strong growth in revenues with a stable revenue stream 3. Growing consulting business
4. Consistent strategy of re-investment in the business to drive topline growth
5. Implementation of Three Horizon Strategy has yielded benefits in the long run
6. Has over 200,000 employees across the world
7. It has good front-ending capabilities in its business model which has helped it consolidate its market capabilities
8. The company has received several awards and has excellent credibility
Here are the weaknesses in the Cognizant SWOT Analysis:
1. Concentration of business in North American markets
2. Restricted depth and infrastructure in Management consulting business as compared to its peers
Following are the Opportunities in Cognizant SWOT Analysis:
1. Expansion into other verticals and geographies especially Europe markets
2. It has already overtaken Wipro & Infosys in revenues with strong performance and TCS remains within sight 3. Emergence of Cloud and Enterprise mobility, which can push the demand for IT services across the globe 4. Its Big data capabilities are stronger than its peers in the IT services sector
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Cognizant are as mentioned:
1. Rising inflation and wage bill in India could lead to decrease in profits
2. Anti-outsourcing legislation could impact revenues
3. May be a target of takeover by bigger firms like IBM, Accenture
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Cognizant. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute